My beef with foundations

. .
I can't possibly be the one person on earth that has issues with this: I cannot find the right shade of foundation, because the stores simply just don't carry it!

Where I live they (understandably) offer a range for faire people and the shades will often vary from "ivory" to "honey" (when in reality it's more like "powder snow") - or some crap like that - so what's left for the rest of us? For the people who are neither ivory nor honey, but more of a... caramel or toffee.

I find that the only brands who will have a range generous enough to cover my skin tone (the skin tone just above the darkest shade offered by drugstore brands) are the more pricey ones and will often be seen at the counter for £20 and above.

Right now I have three foundations at home. Yves Rocher's Couleurs Nature in 400 Beige is too light, Maybelline's Fit Me Stick in 315 Soft Honey is bordering too light, I could probably go one shade darker (and this was the darkest one offered at Boots and we don't even have that store in this country), and then the Superbalanced Makeup from Clinique in Golden which is actually rather dark and lightweight which makes it perfect for summer.
FoundationFit Me® Shine-Free FoundationSuperbalanced Makeup



I'd love to have a talk with someone in charge (unless someone has a magical tip of what to do?)

0 kommentarer:

Post a Comment