TONYMOLY: Green & Red Appletox

. .
Last year I decided to try out some Asian skincare since my sister was in Japan (also, it had been my country of obsession during my - err, younger - youth). It all started with TONYMOLY because - well, I'm not going to sugar coat it; the packaging was like 90 % of the reason. At less than £7 I was intrigued by the products which I got off of eBay.



Appletox Smooth Massage Peeling Cream

Make your skin smooth through the fresh green apple. Ingredients extracted from fresh green apple helps with exfoliating dead skin cells and kerating for complete moisture to skin.
This was a fun cream - you start off by cleaning your face and massaging it into dry skin, then you wait for a minute or two, and then start to massage again. The cream starts to ball up (imagine rubbing your hand over your skin and creating little "rolls") and pulls some dead skin cells with it. It's not something incredibly gross or abrasive, but the skin feels gently cleansed afterwards and the white cream is dyed slightly darker where it's pulled dirt along with it. I rinsed my face again with a cleanser afterwards since the skin never really felt "clean" from the actual product after having used it and the skin didn't feel completely moisturised.

Would I buy it again? Perhaps. It wasn't a complete wow-experience, but for the price it feels like a fair peeling.

Red Appletox Honey Cream

This daily skin care cream includes honey texture with actual apple honey ingredient for a sleek and resilient skin effect. Honey Cream includes hydrating gel which stretches when patted on the skin. First it gives a sticky massage effect and changes to a silky smooth finish.
I didn't really know what to expect of this product since I bought it after having tried the green one; I thought it would make a nice addition (and the packaging...). The first thing that struck me was the strange texture of it - it's slightly thick and very sticky (which is says) and I did my best to pat it into my skin, but it never really sunk in fully no matter what. Usually, it was like a shiny film across the face which is why I only used it at night a couple of times a week (and eventually resorted to only using it as a face mask).

I feel like it hydrated the skin and interestingly enough I noticed that it seemed to "draw out spots" - which means I kept waking up with a couple of spots here and there. After I noticed the patterned it wasn't as shocking, but it made me use it less frequently.

The biggest downside to this is that it's a fairly inconvenient cream for me - I don't like that it doesn't fully sink in and it's not remarkable; also, when I woke up in the mornings after having put it on during the evening my face would still feel sticky.



Fun.

0 kommentarer:

Post a Comment