Dry lips? Lip Balms!

. .
The past couple of months I've had a huge struggle with (abnormally) dry lips, and I've therefore racked up quite a list of lip products. From the ones that I remember, here's a list and my thoughts:

Carmex: Lip Balm Tube (£2-3)
Used on its own to give a fresh and natural appearance, or as a lipstick undercoat or sealant, Carmex will leave your lips nourished and conditioned.
This was one of the first lip products that started off the dry season - it's quite nourishing and leaves the lips non-cracked but the minty scent is way too strong. The tingling coolness doesn't feel very nice on overly dry lips, but as far as moisturising properties goes it's a good one.

La Roche-Posay: Cicaplast Levres (£6.5~)
Deeply hydrated, the lips recover their elasticity and natural softness: fissures and cracks appearance is limited.
This is a pricier alternative compared to many balms out there (I've seen way higher prices listed online) - which is why it's so disappointing that it ran out really quickly. This is a nice and lightweight moisturiser, but I feel like it claims to do more than it does - if you're having a short bout of dehydrated (not chapped) lips, then this might very well be a good alternative for you.

It's extra annoying since they claim to have tested it on isotretinoin patients with good results (basically the crème de la crème of chapped lips).

It's very light and soft on the lips - not thick enough to heal cracks and not good enough if you're really looking for something nourishing.

Rituals: Smooth Operator (£8.50)
Moisturising lip balm with Shea Butter, refreshing Eucalyptus and Vitamin E. Helps repair and protect the lips in all weather conditions.
Price wise this is definitely up there compared to a lot of other balms, and unfortunately I don't feel as if it delivers compared to the cost - this is a very minty balm, and it almost feel dehydrating on the lips. If there's nothing else to hydrate the lips with, this will do - but you'll have to constantly reapply more.

Tastes good and sweet, the bottle is nice and sturdy, but it doesn't really alleviate dryness - SPF 15 if it's interesting.

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula: Intense Repair Lip Balm (£4~)
Nourishes and intensely relieves and regenerates dry, cracked lips.
Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula has one of my favourite lotions of life (except for the bottle), so I was excited to see that they have a range of lip products as well (I found out in Austria).

The balm is quite light and feels good, but thin, on the lips - it sinks in quite fast so it might take a couple of reapplications; however, it works to keep the lips dehydrated.

Good at hydrating, but not good enough for severely dry and chapped lips. For people battling regular dryness, or who just want something to hydrate their lips with, this might be nice.

Nuxe Rêve de Miel: Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm (£9.50)
Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm - NUXE

This best-selling lip balm with Honey and precious oils is highly concentrated in ingredients that help to nourish, repair, soothe and protect even the driest and damaged lips.
The priciest balm (I've seen higher prices), but also one of the best for severely dry and chapped lips - this stuff is thick! We're talking resistance as you put your finger in the nice glass tub - I'm normally not a huge fan of balms in tubs since it's more of a mess than if in a tube, but at least you can keep it for your own concoctions when it's empty. If a thick layer is applied before bedtime, there will still be some left in the morning.

This really helps in relieving the pain that comes with cracked lips and it's soothing as hell. This is a really good and thick balm for lips that are very dry and chapped. One minus is that it turns a bit gritty with time, which I guess depends on the honey and oils (but it's still usable).

Blistex: Lip Relief Cream (£3~, but I think I got it for around €2)
Blistex Lip Relief Cream is a unique formula that contains long-lasting, penetrating moisture to soothe and relieve lips from cracks, sunburn and cold sores.
I saw this in an add on my way to Austria and decided to pick it up when I saw it in a shop. This is probably one of the cheapest ones, and I honestly didn't expect it to be anything out of the ordinary - but (!!!) this is hands down one of the best products out there for dry lips that I have ever tried in my life.

This is probably mainly marketed for cold sores, but it also states that it's good for cracked lips - this is almost a miracle worker in my eyes. It's quite minty and cooling but very moisturising without being too thick; however, this is a clear white product, so a thick layer will be visible. That's why I like to apply a thick layer during the night or when I'm home - a thin layer can suffice during the day.



If I only had to choose one? Blistex! What's the deal with all the minty content of lip balms, though?

0 kommentarer:

Post a Comment